Make Toddler Pants from a T-Shirt

The seasons were changing, and so were the sizes... I really don't like buying something if it's only going to be used for a month or two, tops.  So, since we're heading into fall, this might help you bridge the gap between short summer jammies and fuzzy, warm winter ones!  If you have a sewing machine, you really CAN do this!

ALL the credit for this easy little project goes to Rookie Moms and all of the sources their post mentioned.  This was truly as easy as the tutorial claimed.

One hint I would add is that bigger shirts work better for toddlers size 18 months and up. My various free t-shirts I was "recycling" for this were size Large, and I thought an XL would have been even better.  (The maximum length of the pants depends on the length of the shirt between armpit and bottom hem.)  So in theory, if you have a shirtdress or something really long, you could make this for even bigger kids!  Click here for the full tutorial.

For the light blue pair, I traced around a pair of tighter-fitting pajama pants. The black pants are patterned after a looser pair of lounge pants that currently fit. 




He was wearing these tonight, but I couldn't get him to actually show them off.  This is as good as we could do:


Dori  – (September 14, 2010 at 2:29 PM)  

Nice job on those pajama pants-they look great! And what a great way to use up an old T-shirt. I bet they're super soft and comfy to wear, too . . .

Amber  – (September 14, 2010 at 3:28 PM)  

Thanks! Yeah, they seem pretty comfy. Too bad I can't use this method for myself. :)

RookieMom Whitney  – (September 24, 2010 at 11:06 AM)  

They came out great! I am going to use the same technique to make clown pants for my son who wants to be a clown for Halloween.

Amber  – (September 24, 2010 at 11:15 AM)  

Thanks, Whitney! Ooh, this would work well for a Halloween costume.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP