Printable Coloring Pages

We have a giant coloring book---one that's likely to last for years.  But it occurred to me that my 2-year-old might light a little more variety.  (Read: he will color more, sit in his high chair more, and I can get more things done.)  So, why not download some coloring pages?

He watches very little TV, and few movies, but he's a HUGE fan of Thomas the Tank Engine.  He wants to find Henry (his little train) first thing when he wakes up.  He also loves Lightning McQueen, because we watched the Cars DVD a lot while traveling this summer.  I don't know why it never occurred to me to Google "Thomas the Tank Engine coloring pages", or the same thing for Cars, but I just did and there's a lot out there!  My little printer is going to be working overtime shortly.  And I have a little guy who's going to FLIP OUT when I show him these coloring pages!

Try it---search for your own favorite character and see what's out there.


Thomas the Tank Engine
Sesame Street
Dora the Explorer
Finding Nemo


Another thing you can try: find a font made up of little pictures of your favorite character!  I have a Mr. Men font, a Sesame Street font, and several others. In Word or your favorite word processing program, you just select the font, make the size really big, and print!  Some fonts are not high enough quality to use for a full-page size, so stick to slightly smaller characters.


Mr. Men font
Sesame Street font
ABCs


The possibilities are endless!  You could even make your own custom art with a font like this one:

Trisha –   – (September 29, 2010 at 12:56 AM)  

Hey amber, how do I get the font into my Word list of fonts? Thanks.
Trisha

Amber  – (September 29, 2010 at 1:12 AM)  

Click the link above and then find the "download" link. It'll download a ZIP file. Then, find the file on your computer, right-click, and extract the files.

On a PC, you can install fonts from the Control Panel and then click "Fonts." On Vista, I believe you click "Appearance and Personalization" and then go to Fonts. Click "File" and then "install fonts" or "add new fonts" and go find your file (in this case, it's the file called "JI Toy Train.ttf").

On a Mac, after you un-compress the ZIP file, you double-click the TTF file, and click "install font."

To see it in your Word fonts list, you need to close Word and then reopen Word. Keep in mind that the name of the font is "JI Toy Train" so it's listed under "J," not "T." Let me know if you need additional help.

OH - and the engine and caboose are the ( and ).

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP